Sunday, April 17, 2011

Game of Thrones

Tonight, HBO premieres it's newest original series Game of Thrones. The series is based on author George R. R. Martin's best-selling A Song of Ice and Fire series of novels. Like all HBO series, you can expect no small detail left undone and a strong budget to back the production.

I'm curious about this show only because of so much promotion HBO has put behind it. I not quite sure what the show is about other than it will take on fantasy elements and appears to take place in medieval times based on the short previews I've seen. HBO never does anything half-ass and have known to support shows with gigantic budgets (Rome, Deadwood and more recently Boardwalk Empire).

I have high hopes that the show will be everything you'd want from the fantasy genre; sex, violence and the battle between good and evil. Going in with no knowledge may be a risk, but I'm sure I'm in the majority. As always, high hopes and fingers crossed.

No comments: